Monday, June 29, 2009

Run-In with the LAW!

Jamin had his first experience with the police today. I don't think he got to wear handcuffs or ride in the back of the police car, but he definitely got pulled over. Here's what happened...
I was driving a friend to the airport. Because of extra kiddos and luggage there was no room for Jamin and Levi. So they stayed home and my brother was SUPPOSED to be watching them. Right as we got to the airport, my brother called me and said that he couldn't find Jamin anywhere. How long he was gone is still unknown, but he came back with a sunburn (so probably longer than my brother will admit to) So I told him to keep looking for him and call me when he found him. In the meantime I was hoping and praying that he was at a neighbors house. We have several older neighbors and he calls them all Grandma and Grandpa and always wants to go visit them. But apparently none of them answered their doors so he just kept going. He made it pretty far...and he would have made it farther, but then the police stepped in and ruined all of his fun.
Now he is home and safe. And I'm just thrilled that Child Protective Services was called. The police assured me that nothing was wrong and I wasn't in any trouble- it's just required, standard procedure... but it doesn't exactly make me feel like a great parent either.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I think you brother need to babysit more to practice until he can get it right! Scary for you though! Beware though, my grandma was babysitting my sister (then 3) not long after we moved to Tracy and got lost after going for a walk. She had to have the cops drive her and my little sis home. For years, my sister told everyone she met how it the police car had hard seats. It definitely did not look good for my mom.

kym said...

I think Jason needs to take a baby-sitting course! I commend you for not flying home from Syracuse! How long was it before you heard he was found and okay? I would have been a mess....

roxanne said...

Wow. You get all the fun. This will be a great story later though....